One year ago, we had the honor of welcoming Machi in our studio for their very first radio live performance! A lot of memorable gigs later, here were they again to introduce us their second EP: “Delta”. Well, drummer Mathieu Autin and keyboarder Gabriel Guerin, leader Pumasquat being back to his native land Chile, in order to develop the project in Spanishspeaking and South America countries ! He is excused, since he’s made us the exclusive mix you can find herebelow.
Two original tracks on this new record. “Andino” can be described as a reference to Andean music, based on “ritmo del diablo”, according to drummer Mathieu. As a matter of fact, it is the first Machi’s real track form, since the band does work a lot through improvisations, releasing being a way for them to close the very physical workprocess. It took some time for the guys, due to what is a band adventure, to finalise this one as they wished. Here is the result. “Delta” has a much more disco base quite representing Machi’s work during year 2014, focused on dancing rhythms since members’ initial purpose has always been to make people dance through some kind of magical shamanic ceremony!
Keywords for Machi could be as simple as: energy and liberty. The band records everything live in order to keep raw and free dynamics, to recreate the wild particular exchange between audience and music performed on stage. No need for softwares, which allow to do anything possible, specially infinite changes, but can’t really restore the liveperformance force, unfortunately. Machi defines itself as a rock machine transforming traditional material from Andean carnivals into an electrotechnodisco trance.
So this exciting second record is available here for instance but as autoproduced (another kind of freedom for artists), including these two new compositions and also two remixes by Arnaud Rebotini and Low Noise (great one, check here). LP should follow for end of 2015! Until then: Viva Machi!
Machi, December 04, 2014, 10.30 PM. On Ice FM / Paris Campus Radio.
1. Pional It’s all over (Talabot Remix)
2. Matador Svinx
3. Ricardo Villalobos & Jay Haze Fenlow (Haze 2011 dub Remix)
4. Machi Delta (Arnaud Rebotini Remix)
5. Beard in Dust Revolution in Mordor
6. Machi Andino (Low Noise Remix)
7. Talaboman Sideral (Matt Karmil Remix)
8. Roman Flugel “ikizukuri”
9. Simian Mobile Disco & Roman Flugel Ikizukuri
10. Christian Zanesi Marseille 2
Interview (in French) here.
Ice FM is very excited about making you discover Machi, electro-latino-rock project by franco-chilean Puma Squat (Panico), and his associates Mathieu Autin (Think Twice), Merlin & Gab. Resident at Parisian place dedicated to artistic creation Mains d’Oeuvres, the band has just released its first EP « Rewind » (DARE DARE), sort of dance-electro-rock with latino percussions, and performs more and more to offer an complete audio-visual « Dancing Shamanic » experience. Pure Pleasure! Puma Squat mix + Machi Live & interview.
Machi, December 19, 2013, 10.30 PM. On Ice FM / Paris Campus Radio. Download here.
- Justus Kohncke – Timecode
- Christian Smith – Indulge me
- Beard in Dust – Gravepine (Lipelis’ Love the Stabs Remix)
- Christian Zanesi – Marseille2
- Machi – Delta en Directo (Delta live on Ice FM)
- Grupo Palma Africana – La Botellita
- Mystery – Bang the Party
- Closer music – You don’t know me
- Matador – Kingswing
- Chateau flight – Les antipodes (Joakim Remix)
- Machi – Hoja de Kuka
- Fréderic Mercier – Spirit
- Christian Zanesi – Marseille2
- Machi – Sambadromo Directo Maquinas (Sambadromo live on Ice FM)
- Avalanche – Terminal Velocity
- Wganda kenya – Tifit Hayed
- Camp lo – Black Nostaljack
- Machi – Hoja (Del Horno Gab Remix)