ODEI gathers the drummer Arnaud Biscay, the vibraphonist / keyboarder Maxime Hoarau, both from music academy, and the techno producer Matthys. Through their first LP “Bat”, released on Moï-Moï Records last February, the trio successfully marries electronic and acoustic anthem and dreams up an instrumental mind-blowing techno, close to Border community or Four Tet universe.
ODEI arouses interest for extra reasons: the band likes and practices experimentations, through several video collaborations (initially ODEI get together for the soundtrack of a video made by Nathalie Rebholz who experiences anamorphous and fantastic icons) and musical improvisation during their show and extended by an Ircam (French Institute for Research and Coordination in Acoustics/Music) partnership.
For Ice FM, the trio proposed us an ad-libbed dj set, as the band used to do, through well-known territories.
ODEI, March 27, 2014, 10.30PM. On Ice FM / Paris Campus Radio. Download here.
- ODEI – Espace Vue
- James Holden – Gone Feral
- Wesley Matsell – Dowlais Wheelie Crew
- Luke Abbott – Grumble
- Factory Floor – Real Love (Optimo espacio Mix)
- Steve Reich – Tokyo/Vermont Counterpoint
- Daniel Avery – Drone Logic
- Ron Morelli – Crack Microbes
- Colin Stetson – Judges
- Miles Davis – John McLaughlin
- Pink Floyd – Chapter 24
- David Bowie Philip Glass – Heroes (Aphex Twin Remix)
- Rebab & Female singing – Ketawang Pangkur
- Aka Pygmies – Mohunga
- Restless Ear Syndrome – Anoid Dance
- ODEI – Protophase
- Polygon Window – The Dice Man
- Wesley Matsell – Total Order of Being
ODEI Interview (in French)