Jan Schulte, from trio named Wolf Müller, delivered in december a unique bongo-funk-house and electro-tribal-voodoo “Balztanz” EP on Themes for great Cities, after a very remarkable and secret kept by DJs opus « Lagerfeuer Tanz » on same label in 2011.
Resident at weird-arty club Salon des Amateurs, based in Düsseldorf’s contemporary art museum, Schulte is that kind of musician whose style completely frees itself from usual clubbing music codes in order to explore unknown musical lands and offer surprises to the audience. That’s why we were so much pleased to discover with him very very rare old 70s black music treasures from his marvelous collection, and also new world-sounding records he brought especially for Ice FM show, since he was free here to set a smooth and hot exotic atmosphere in our studio. So take time to relax and enjoy!
Wolf Müller, March 20, 2014, 10.30PM. On Ice FM / Paris Campus Radio. Download here.
- Robert Julian Horky – E
- Wali & The Afro Caravan – Mystique
- Waka Wakah – Kaki Lambé
- JCP – A Voice across the Nile
- Guru Guru – Globetrotter
- International Noise Orchestra – Dr Sarmaz
- Ebenezer Obey – Ija Ke
- Gasper Lawal – Kai Anibaba
- Nana Tuffour – Ye Wo Asaase
- Harmonious Thelonious – Grasshopper was the Witness (Remix)
- Kevin Jost – Dum De Dum
- Admiral Dele Abiodun – Elemu Nget On
- Akkerman & Kaz Lux – Can’t fake a good Time
- Keith Mansfield – High Velocity
- Peter Wolf – Was der Richter
Jan Schulte & Ygal Ohayon interview (in French and in English)