His new LP “Hades” blasts through you like a meteor. Mondkopf who releases his fourth album continues on its way, somewhere between dark noise techno and heartfelt melodies. But three years have passed between that record and his former one.
In this LP, the French producer tries a new diving into an epic and unknown world. He gives up his former patterns and invents an entire universe ruled by a single-minded narration (Hades I, II, III), stripped back motifs & unremitting rhythm which successively conjure up devastated landscapes, war images, calming sceneries. That evocative power also goes through his mix played at Ice FM.
The result of this mix? An astonishing trip opened by a drone attack, a seducing soundtrack dedicated to our next endless vacancy in Purgatory. Listen to his mix and discover, if you didn’t yet know its universe, his label In Paradisum, co-founded with Guillaume Heuguet, which gathers several exciting producers and bridges “industrial” & noise music with house & techno.
Mondkopf, February 13, 2014, 10.30PM. On Ice FM / Paris Campus Radio. Download here.
- SS/S – Siglo 1
- Karl O’ Connor & Mick Harris – Untilted
- Der Blutmarsch – Untilted 8
- Mika Vainio – Magnetosphere
- Max Cooper – Impacts (Perc Remix)
- Concrete Fence – The Unabridged Truth
- Headless Horseman – Decapitation
- Ekman -Sharada
- Kobosil – Think & Think
- Milena Kriegs – Torpor
- Monica Hits The Ground – Reduced Life Expectancy 7
- Perc – Galloper
- Peverelist & Asusu – Surge
- Shifted – Pulse Incomplete
- Planetary Assault Systems – No Exit
- Szare – Uprising
- Florian Kupfer – Unreal
- Regis – Blood Witness
- Blawan – Peaches (Coronation)
- Ancient Methods – AM-2A1
- Damaskin – Contra Theatra
- L’estasi Dell’oro – Kingdom For A Kiss
- Regis – Thirst
- Untold – Overdrive
Mondkopf & Guillaume Heuguet (In Paradisum) interview (in French)