Pilooski and Pentile are back. The two parisian musicians known for their own project (Pilooski stood out with LCD Sound System & Frankie Valli remixes, Pentile was involved in Octet and France Copland), are also known as Discodeine, a retro futuristic disco adventure. With their second LP “Swimmer” on Pschent Record, they plunge into the dark atmosphere of a long journey and gather colourful sounds of two or three neatly selected synthetizers, snappy analog basslines and ethereal vocals (thanks to Mark Kerr featurings).
So we’re ready to get involved in that kind of trip and to share an exclusive Discodeine guest mix that opens with the fascinating and quite confusing L’allante heure from François Narboni.
Discodeine, October 17, 2013, 10.30PM. On Ice FM / Paris Campus Radio. Download here.
- François Narboni – L’allante heure
- Philippe Sarde – S’en sortir
- Colin Stetson – Those who didn’t run
- H. Zazou – M’Passi Ya M’Pamba
- Tapioca Island
- Herbie Hancock – Rain Dance
- Jon Brion – Hands & Feet
- Lindsey de Paul – Just Visiting
- Philippe Cam – Ko’in
- Jeff Mills – Man from Tomorrow
- Cocteau Twins – Watchlar
- Jessy Lanza – Giddy
- Connan Mokassin – I’m the man that will find you
- Welcome to love
- Arto – Kawai Systeme
- Four Tet – Parallel
- Jon bender – 33A1
- Tod dockstader – Electronic Pieve N8
- David Essex – Rock On
+ Special FXS on a train to Strasbourg (France).
Discodeine interview (in French)